The speciality of getting inked on hand is that the pain of the needles is bearable as well as easy to heal. These are some of the most common aspects that people keep in mind before getting tattooed thus making the hands an ideal spot. So, without further ado, let’s discover 25 hand tattoo designs for your next tattoo.
New Simple Hand Tattoo Designs with Images:
Each design is unique and meaningful in its own beautiful way, let’s see 25 stylish tattoo designs on hands and learn about them,
1. Henna Inspired Hand Tattoo:
The design of this tattoo is very similar to traditional mehndi art designs. This beautiful hand tattoo has a semi-circular floral motif pattern and other abstract designs that go all the way up to your arms. The entire tattoo has been done in the black colour to give it more henna like the look.
- Body Placement: Most suitable for the arm as well as the calf and thigh area.
- Ink Colour: You can choose black or dark green ink colour for this tattoo.
- Size: This tattoo will look good in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: The black ink will be more visible on people with fair to medium skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: This is a tattoo more appropriate for women.
2. The Rough Look Tattoo on Hand:
This tattoo is inked in black and has the face of a fierce-looking owl with white specks. The owl’s head is placed on the biceps whereas a dark and dense forest with different trees and small birds flying around is inked on the arm. The tattoo put together looks very enchanting and is sure to turn a lot of heads.
- Body Placement: This design is suitable for arms as well as the calf area.
- Ink Colour: Black is the appropriate ink colour for this mesmerizing tattoo.
- Size: This tattoo will look good only when inked in a bigger size.
- Skin Tone: Best did on fair to medium skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: More appropriate and suitable for men and young adult boys.
3. Tribal Heart Inspired Hand Tattoos:
Here is a beautiful and simplistic heart design tattoo that looks compact and neat. It is a tattoo meant for women. It has one big heart and two other small ones on top of the bigger one. Below the bigger heart, there is a random design that is neatly done with the ink of black. How about something like this?
- Body Placement: Get this design done on the side or back of your palm or arm.
- Ink Colour: The colour black and red should be suitable for this cute hand tattoo.
- Size: This type of tattoo will look good in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: The tattoo will be suitable for people with fair to medium skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: This type of tattoo is mostly preferred by women.
4. Three-Step Heart Hand Tattoo Designs:
This one tattoo is unique and shows the formation of the heart in three steps. The first one, starting from the wrist is inked in the shape of the real heart, followed by the heart slowly giving way to the empty one. The last one is a plain simple one. It is inked in pure black with no shades and is intended for men.
- Body Placement: This tattoo will look good when inked on arm, forearm or calf area.
- Ink Colour: Black or black with shades of red will look good.
- Size: The size of this amazing hand tattoo should be small to medium.
- Skin Tone: It will be more visible on people with fairer skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: This heart tattoo design is mostly loved by men.
5. The Quoted Hand Tattoo for Women:
Didn’t we all at one point, or even probably now, wish to fly and never come back? We bet yes! Here is a one that will rightly capture what we all feel. The tattoo inks about the desire to fly, indirectly directing us to learn from bits and what is left behind. It also has a small ink of a bird towards the end of the quote.
- Body Placement: You can get this quote tattoo inked on your arm, forearm, wrist or shoulders.
- Ink Colour: The ink colour of this tattoo can be dark colours.
- Size: Size of this tattoo should be between small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Quotes look great on all skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: This type of hand tattoos is usually suitable for both men and women.
6. The Quoted Hand Tattoo for Men:
Are you a man with good music taste? Here is something that will speak for you! For those of you who are completely into music, here is a good tattoo choice to get inked. One half of the tattoo is a mirror image with the other one, written normally. This will be a good choice for all the music lovers who would like to keep it simple.
- Body Placement: You can choose to get this cool hand tattoo design on your wrist, forearm, shoulder blades or arms.
- Ink Colour: The colour black is apt for this type of design.
- Size: A hand tattoo with words usually looks good if it is in small or medium size.
- Skin Tone: Hand tattoos look good on all skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Men, as well as women, love this tattoo style.
7. Dragon Tattoo Design for Women’s Hand:
Dragons are ancient symbols of power. In Chinese culture, they are considered to be the master of all elements, namely fire, water, wind, and earth. They are supposed to be the symbol of magic. In general, they are the fire breathing mythical creatures who in some tales possess the power of flight while are represented as serpentine creatures in others.
- Body Placement: Dragon tattoo for hand design will look good on the wrist, arm and chest area.
- Ink Colour: Black is the preferred ink colour.
- Size: This type of design looks good in all sizes.
- Skin Tone: The design and colour will be visible on fair to medium skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Not just men but women too love dragon tattoo designs.
8. Star Tattoos for Hand:
Stars and galaxies are another one of the feminine designs. They are often opted for by men, but in those cases, they are nothing but embellishments to something more masculine. They give the tattoo a somewhat magical effect, of a stream of stars in a formation, as if coming out of a wand.
- Body Placement: This design should be placed on forearm, shoulder or wrist.
- Ink Colour: The colour black should be preferred.
- Size: Stars look best when made of tiny to small size.
- Skin Tone: These tattoos will be more visible on the people with fair to medium skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: Women have a higher affection for such design.
9. Superhero Hand Tattoos:
Today, there are plenty of superheroes who enchant the teenagers and even enthral all the grown-ups. Hence there remains a large category of people who got encouraged to ink their hands with amazing hand tattoos for men of Batman, Spiderman, and other famous superheroes. This tattoo will be unique in shape and colour thus giving a dazzling effect on the hands.
- Body Placement: Place this tattoo on your arm, forearm or thighs.
- Ink Colour: The colour of the ink can be any depending on the character.
- Size: This would look cool in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Any and every skin tone can get this tattooed.
- Suitable Gender: Men usually prefer tattoos with a superhero.
10. Hand Tattoos with Country Maps:
There are some people especially young boys and girls who stay in deep love with their nation. Those people love to adorn their hands with hand tattoo designs for girls and boys having the maps of their countries and some other significant marks and symbols that are associated with that nation. Country tattoos will become very popular having the symbols at the time of matches as the girls and boys will cheer for the victory.
- Body Placement: Place it on your chest, arm, forearm or back.
- Ink Colour: Colour can be black or shades of black.
- Size: A small to medium size should be fine.
- Skin Tone: Will look great on fair and medium skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: Map tattoos are suitable for all.
11. Small Hand Tattoos with Quotes:
Getting the quoted tattoos will make their hands inked covering the entire hand thus making it as an excellent to display. The colours will be quite vibrant thus making it an amazing appearance on the hands. This is why most of the people love to choose to ink themselves with tattoos on quotes.
- Body Placement: Wrist, fingers, arms, and forearms are great for quote tattoos.
- Ink Colour: Ink can be in a variety of colours.
- Size: Size should be mostly small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Medium and darker skin tones can adorn this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: Quotes can be inked on men as well as women.
12. Bow Hand Tattoos:
This design has awesome shades and enthralls everyone who catches sight of it and this is really an incredible idea of hand tattoos for men and women. Bow hand pink coloured tattoos are a very popular form of tattoos that makes a great show of the designs.
- Body Placement: A small bow will look good on finger, wrist or neck.
- Ink Colour: Colour can be any favourite colour.
- Size: Size can be either small, medium or even tiny.
- Skin Tone: Any skin tone can pull off this tattoo.
- Suitable Gender: Men, as well as women, can get bows inked.
13. Palm Tattoo Design for Woman’s Hands:
In general, palms of a hand are the area that exposes highly to the outside area and people who want such a design can go with the above tattoo drawn on the palm as this will add beauty and elegance to their appearance by attracting a large number of people towards their hands. This is an abstract hand tattoo design.
- Body Placement: Place this on back of the hand, forearms or arm.
- Ink Colour: You can choose any dark colour.
- Size: The size of this should be small or medium.
- Skin Tone: Best for lighter or fairer complexions.
- Suitable Gender: This is a preferable hand tattoo design for men.
14. Hand Tattoos with Safety Pin:
Hand tattoo with an image of safety pin forms a popular style of hand tattoos for girls and it will be looking powerful when placed on the fists. The safety pin symbolizes safety purpose and boys and girls who mostly prefer solitude can pick this option while they opt to get a tattoo on hands. Be sure to get the help of a tattoo professional as they will help you get the perfect finishing and make you look noticeable among the crowd.
- Body Placement: The safety pin can be placed on finger, wrist or back of the hand.
- Ink Colour: Any ink colour will be good for this one.
- Size: This tattoo will look good in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Best for people with fair and medium skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: This is a cool hand tattoo design for women.
15. Miscellaneous Hand Tattoo for Men:
Though there are varieties of tattoos available, Miscellaneous Hand Tattoo for Men is really an amazing kind as the dark and mysterious themes indulged in these hand tattoos will mesmerize everyone who looks at this with a fabulous image. It was quite amazing to see the dark colour strokes that wrapped the hands with the splitter design. This is one of the perfect hand tattoo designs for guys.
- Body Placement: Get this inked on arm, forearm or calves.
- Ink Colour: Black is the best choice of ink colour.
- Size: Size can be small, medium as well as big.
- Skin Tone: People of lighter skin tone as well as darker skin tone will look best.
- Suitable Gender: It is usually the men who like this type of design.
16. Hand Tattoo with Heart Design:
People who want to get the new design of the tattoo can enjoy with this tattoo design which has the paw prints printed inside the heart-shaped design. This design is a unique design that makes you stand ahead of the crowd. You can also get this tattoo in multi colours.
- Body Placement: Anything that has a heart will look good on the wrist, shoulder, chest, and ankle.
- Ink Colour: The ink colour can be red or black.
- Size: The look of this tattoo will be better if small or tiny.
- Skin Tone: Will be best for people with lighter skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: This tattoo is suitable for all genders.
17. Horror Hand Tattoo Design:
Tattoos have a wide collection of horror tattoos as it dilates its designs to every niche of life. Horror skull tattoo designs on hand are pretty popular including its designs and textures. These types of horror tattoos can be inked on hands for catching the people’s attention and often make them feel thrilled.
- Body Placement: Place the skull on the back of your hand, shoulder or arm.
- Ink Colour: Choose darker colours especially similar to grey and green.
- Size: The skull would look good in all sizes.
- Skin Tone: Best for lighter to medium skin tones
- Suitable Gender: It is usually men who like such designs.
18. Cool Hand Tattoo for Guys:
Tattoos are available in different options and often, they do pander different objects of nature like sun, moon, stars, and butterflies etc. as each of them will symbolize different meanings thereby narrating a tale. Tattoos with flies on hands mainly signify hope, optimism, and happiness. Having these tattoos on your hand will make you look splendid with its unique strokes and shades.
- Body Placement: Place this creative hand tattoo on the side of your palms.
- Ink Colour: The colour of the ink can be a variety of colours.
- Size: The size of this tattoo can be medium to large.
- Skin Tone: Best for all skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Men and women equally have an attraction towards butterflies.
19. Sparrow Tattoo for Hands:
Colourful tattoos for men on hand with an image of sparrow looks spectacular on hands when they are tattooed with a robust and dynamic colour. These tattoos will be adorned with art strokes and radiant colours shades which make it highly enticing. This simple tattoo in hand can be easily embossed on hands as they are available in a variety of designs.
- Body Placement: Place this delightful tattoo on the back of hand, forearm or wrist.
- Ink Colour: The ink can be of different colours.
- Size: Best if it is in a medium to large size.
- Skin Tone: The tone of the skin can be fair, dark or medium.
- Suitable Gender: All genders like such a stylish tattoo for the hand.
20. Traditional Hand Tattoos with Lord Ganesh:
Traditional Hand tattoo with Lord Ganesh will look amazing when it is inked on hands as the scripture of Lord Ganesh will give both a traditional and devotional meaning. People who get these hand tattoo designs will get revealed with the symbolized meaning of devotion to themselves. Getting the tattoos of this Holy Scriptures will also reflect the personality and your traits toward reading holy books.
- Body Placement: Place tattoos with lords preferably on the upper body.
- Ink Colour: Colour can be black or even colourful.
- Size: This would look better when done in small or medium size.
- Skin Tone: Wheatish and medium skin tone can really pull it off.
- Suitable Gender: Usually all genders can choose to get such designs.
21. A Feather Tattoo Design On Hand:
A feather tattoo is simple yet elegant. It represents the delicacy of a feather along with the power of flight of the bird it belongs too. you can make your feather black and grey or you can make it colourful to specify which bird the feather belongs to. It is one of the best hand tattoo designs for the girl.
- Body Placement: A feather looks good on shoulder, forearm and thumb area.
- Ink Colour: Colour can be as per your preference.
- Size: Get it done in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: This is great for medium and fair skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: All genders love a beautiful feather.
22. Tattoo Words on Fingers:
Letters and words are the simplest tattoo designs. There is no mistaking its meaning. You choose the emotion you want to ink your body with, give it a name and then get the letters tattooed on your fingers separately or get the word tattooed together on some other part of your hand! You can introduce variations in this tattoo too! You can choose calligraphy letters or some simple text. You can add colour or keep it black and so on.
- Body Placement: Place this cool tattoo on fingers or forearm.
- Ink Colour: Black and shades of black is a good choice.
- Size: Letters look better in tiny to small size.
- Skin Tone: Best for people with fair to medium skin tone.
- Suitable Gender: Women and men alike love this kind of tattoos.
23. A Bracelet Hand to Fingers Tattoo:
Another typical hand tattoo is a bracelet covering your entire hand. You can make it lavish or tribal. Either way, it makes your hand look ornate and heavily accessorized. This is inspired by tribal and Aztec pattern and will look really cool and stylish if done accurately as it is a perfect hand tattoo for men.
- Body Placement: Get this inked on the forearms or shoulder.
- Ink Colour: The colour of the ink will look good if in shades of black.
- Size: Size should be between medium to large.
- Skin Tone: All skin tones can carry this tattoo well.
- Suitable Gender: This type of tattoo is ideal for men.
24. A Small Paw Print Hand Tattoo Design:
You can get a small paw print along the side of your hand to remind you of some favourite pet of yours or to show your love for wild animals. This kind of tattoo is not too attractive but it looks cute and has a certain depth to it which normal flamboyancy lacks.
- Body Placement: Place this little tattoo on your ankle, thumb area or wrist.
- Ink Colour: A paw would look good in black or brown colour.
- Size: Small to a medium is the right size for this one.
- Skin Tone: Paws would look best on fair skin tones.
- Suitable Gender: Every gender like this style of tattooing.
25. Small Flying Birds Tattoos on Hand:
You can get black silhouettes of birds inked along the side of your hand. These look pretty and feminine. Thus, it’s opted for more by girls than guys. A flock of birds together symbolize the power of family. It represents loyalty and love. It is one of the cutest hand tattoo designs for females.
- Body Placement: You can place this on your forearm, arm or neck and back.
- Ink Colour: Silhouettes look best when done in black.
- Size: Get the birds in small to medium size.
- Skin Tone: Fair, medium and dusky skin tone is apt.
- Suitable Gender: Men and women too love this tattoo.
Different Types of Letter Tattoo Designs on Hand:
26. A Letter Tattoo Designs on Hand:
‘A’ is not only the first letter but also an easy pick for your tattoo design. It can be calligraphed easily and it gives an elegant look.
27. R Letter Tattoo Designs on Hand:
Sometimes a single alphabet speaks volumes, it definitely is the case when you pick letter ‘R’. it not only has connotations like royal, it looks like one too.
28. V Letter Tattoo Designs on Hand:
The simple ones always make difference, so is alphabet V. it looks simple, but be moulded into a wonderful tattoo.
29. D Letter Tattoo Designs on Hand:
Don’t look for the dull side of D. it can be dazzling also if you use it for tattooing.
30. N Letter Tattoo Designs on Hand:
N looks very firm on paper, whereas, when it is crafted it takes a complete shape and you can be awestruck with its tattoo
31. M Letter Tattoo Designs on Hand:
M is firm and it has several stokes to bring out the latent beauty of tattooing
Additional Tips and Tricks for Hand Tattoo Designs:
- Decide the specific part of the hand you want to get inked on before finalising any hand tattoo design.
- Ask the tattoo artist about the areas where getting inked can be more painful than normal and preferably avoid those spots.
- Take out a good amount of time to get tattooed because the process can be time-consuming for some intricate designs.
1.What does a hand tattoo mean?
A tattoo on your hand doesn’t necessarily mean anything; it can just be a style choice. However, the different hands can have significance, with the right associated with dominance, the sun, mercy, and logic, while the left symbolizes emotions, the moon, and justice. Regardless of the intention behind your choice, it does mean you’re a badass for sitting through a session on a notoriously painful area.
2.Which is the best hand to tattoo on?
The hand to you choose to tattoo comes down to personal preference. The right is commonly the more dominant once, and therefore a popular choice, as it’s more likely to be seen. Your right hand can also represent mercy, logic, the sun, and giving. Meanwhile, the left symbolizes emotions, justice, the moon, and receiving.
3.Is a hand tattoo a bad idea?
There’s a lot to consider when deciding to get ink on your hands. Hand tattoos can be incredibly divisive. Some artists refuse to do them and refer to them as “job stoppers”. While tattoos are becoming more mainstream, in some environments, they can still hinder professional progress. As such, it’s essential to consider your career goals and industry before jumping in. Hand tattoos are also challenging to do, so if you’re going down that track, choose an experienced artist. Hand tattoos are also more prone to infection, damage, fading. Because you use your hands so regularly, it can also take longer to heal. Additionally, like other exposed areas of skin, the hands are prone to sun damage and early aging, which will affect the integrity of the design and colors. Plus, it’s hard to hide a hand tattoo if your artist did a lousy job.
4.How painful is a hand tattoo?
Hand tattoos are on the higher end of the pain scale. It’s not as bad as the head, but the lack of padding and the number of bones, tendons, and nerves can make it very uncomfortable. Plus, the healing time and risk of infection are higher with your hands. It’s a body part you use and move a lot, so even simple things like washing your hands or making dinner can be painful and prolong the healing.
5.How much does a hand tattoo cost?
Most tattoo shops charge by the hour, and the rate might be a standard shop price, or it could vary by artist depending on their experience, exposure, and popularity. Expect to pay between $120-$200 per hour, on average. However, the total cost will also depend on the size of your tattoo and how much detail it has. The hand isn’t a large area, so even a full hand tattoo wouldn’t take more than a few hours. When you book in for a consultation and discuss your design with the artist, you’ll be able to ask for a ballpark quote.
6.How long do hand tattoos last?
Hand tattoos are still permanent, but the thing that doesn’t last as long is the integrity of the design. Because the skin on your hands is vastly different from the rest of your body and is prone to early aging, sun damage, increased shedding, and general wear, your tattoo will fade and blur faster. Expect to see some blurring within a year; however, the colors should stay vivid for a while. The best way to get your ink to last is to look after your skin. Wear sunscreen, moisturize regularly and use mild soaps. You can also consider “top-up” sessions, where your artist will go back over the design to freshen it up.